You love golf. You really do. There’s just something about the challenge of connecting with a small white ball that has you coming back for more, time and time again. And like any other sport, your equipment is important. That’s why you need the best golf travel covers to protect your clubs when you’re on the go.
But with so many different golf travel covers on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Below, we’ve compiled a list of the five best golf travel covers money can buy. So whether you’re hitting the green in Scotland or Florida, these covers will have your clubs covered (literally).
What Is a Golf Travel Cover?
A golf travel cover is a special type of luggage that is designed to protect your golf clubs. It’s essentially a large, padded envelope that your clubs fit into. This protects them from bumps and bruises during transit, and keeps them in good condition so you can use them when you reach your destination.
There are a few different types of golf travel covers available on the market, so it’s important to do your research and find the one that best suits your needs. Some covers are made from durable materials like ballistic nylon, while others have extra features like pockets for shoes and clothes.
Benefits of a Golf Travel Cover
When you’re a golfer, traveling with your clubs is a must. But if you’re not careful, your clubs can be seriously damaged in transit. That’s where a golf travel cover comes in.
A good golf travel cover will protect your clubs from the elements, as well as from any impact or accidental drops. It’ll also keep them organized and neatly packed, so you don’t have to worry about everything going everywhere when you open your suitcase.
Plus, many golf travel covers come with additional features like wheels for easy transport, and compartments or pockets for holding extra gear like tees, balls and gloves. So if you’re a dedicated golfer who likes to travel, a golf travel cover is a must-have accessory.
Different Types of Golf Travel Covers
There are a few different types of golf travel covers on the market, and it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. Here are the five main types to choose from:
- Wheeled Golf Bag Cover: This is the most popular type of golf travel cover, and for good reason. It’s easy to use—you simply wheel your golf bag around with the cover on.
- Soft-Sided Golf Bag Cover: This type of cover is light and easy to carry, making it a good choice for people who only play occasionally or don’t have a lot of room to store a travel cover when they’re not using it.
- Hard-Sided Golf Bag Travel Cover: If you’re looking for extra protection for your golf bag, a hard-sided travel cover is the way to go. It’s more durable than the other two types and can withstand even the roughest travel conditions.
- Padded Golf Travel Bag Cover: This is the most expensive option, but it also offers the most protection for your golf bag. It’s a good choice if you’re traveling with expensive clubs or if you’re worried about them getting damaged during transit.
- Hybrid Golf Travel Bag Cover: If you can’t decide between two or more of the above options, a hybrid golf travel bag cover might be the best solution for you. It gives you the best features of each type of cover and lets you customize it to your needs.
Features to Look for in the Best Golf Travel Covers
When shopping for the best golf travel cover, you’ll want to look for certain features that will keep your clubs safe and secure during transport. The first feature to look for is a padded top. Not only does a padded top ensure that your clubs are properly protected, but it will also help provide additional cushioning, which can be especially helpful when traveling to a course with rough terrain.
In addition to padding, look for a golf travel cover with an adjustable bottom strap and plenty of organizational pockets. The adjustable strap allows you to tighten the bottom of the bag around your clubs and prevents them from shifting during transport. The pockets can be used to store extra accessories such as tees, balls, grips, and towels.
Finally, consider investing in a golf travel cover that has wheels or easy carrying straps. This is especially important if you’re going to be traveling long distances or simply don’t have the energy or mobility to carry all of your clubs in one go. Many golf travel covers come with retractable built-in wheels that make it easier to carry and navigate airports or other busy areas with ease.
Top 5 Best Golf Travel Covers Review
When you’re a dedicated golfer, you need a golf travel cover that can protect your clubs and keep them safe during the journey. Let’s review the 5 best golf travel covers on the market:
- CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover: This lightweight and durable polyester club travel bag is designed with an impact-resistant central core, a fully-padded top and external compression straps for maximum protection.
- Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian 28: This roto-molded polypropylene travel bag comes with full length dividers to protect your clubs from damage, as well as heavy duty in-line skate wheels for easy maneuverability.
- Club Glove Last Bag Collegiate: Weighing only 8 lbs, this professional quality golf bag is made of Ballistic Nylon and features high impact plastic wheelbase, internal reinforced skeleton and adjustable rubberized feet pads.
- SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case: This hard shell case has an ergonomic handle, molded in bumpers for extra protection and it is watertight and airtight to keep your golf equipment safe even in the harshest conditions.
- OGIO Convoy Luxe: This luxurious travel case features an adjustable pull handle with smoother glide wheels, exterior compression straps to keep your gear secure, an interior umbrella sleeve and many other convenient features.
FAQs About the Best Golf Travel Covers
You might have a few questions about golf travel covers that you’d like to get answered before investing in one. Let’s dive into some of the most common ones.
What are the benefits of a travel cover vs. a regular golf bag?
A travel cover is designed with added protection and convenience in mind, due to their hardshell construction and extra padding that helps protect your bag from impacts and scratches during transportation. You also won’t have to worry about your bag becoming uncomfortable when putting it on a plane or train since they tend to be much easier to maneuver than large golf bags.
Are there features I should look out for when buying a travel cover?
Yes! Look for quality materials, like strong 600D polyester fabric and robust zippers, as well as reinforced seams and sturdy wheels. Some covers also come with extra pockets or compartments so you can store smaller items like tees or your cellphone.
Read also: Best Golf Bags For Push Carts
When it comes to golf, nothing is more frustrating than arriving at your destination to find out your clubs have been damaged in transit. That’s why it’s important to have a golf travel cover that will keep your clubs safe and protected.
There are a number of different golf travel covers on the market, so it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the five best golf travel covers for the dedicated golfer.
We hope you found this article helpful and that it has helped you decide which golf travel cover is right for you.